Microsoft announces the release of Visual Studio 2005 SP1.
According to the MSDN website for the service pack:
... issues addressed range in severity from places where the syntax coloring was incorrect to customer reported crashes in various scenarios. In some areas, more than 50% of the bugs addressed were reported by customers through the MSDN Product Feedback Center and Microsoft Connect.
Sounds like Microsoft is trying to encourage users to utilize the MSDN Product Feedback Center and Microsoft Connect. ;) I don't blame them - it's not difficult to report a bug or request an enhancement using these engines.
The site lists the following among some 70 improvements for common development scenarios including:
- New processor support (e.g., Core Duo) for code generation and profiling
- Performance and scale improvements in Team Foundation Server
- Team Foundation Server integration with Excel 2007 and Project 2007
- Tool support for occasionally connected devices and SQL Server Compact Edition
- Additional support for project file based Web applications
- Windows Embedded 6.0 platform and tools support
There are SP1 editions for:
- Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite
- Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server
- Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions
- Visual Studio 2005 SP1 Update for Windows Vista Beta
It's nice to see support here for the Express editions and Vista Beta - good job VS Team!
Technorati Tags: Visual Studio SP1 Team Suite 2005 MSDN